Thursday 23 June 2011

No stamping today ....

There's still tons of Union Jack merchandise about at the moment from cups to cushions, thanks to a certain wedding. Sadly, the bunting in the village main street has long been taken down but I can't wait for the Diamond Jubilee next year so we can have it all back out again. I'm hoping that they leave it out for the entire Jubilee year!

I've only just got my hands on my first Soft Subtles DSP, so had to have a go at making my own .....


I worked out that by putting the white panel in, I could get two cards out of a 5" square of each colour, bargain crafting, well worth the extra measuring and cutting.

I've seen some gorgeous creations (way too many to link to) using the Two Step Owl punch which I don't have yet. I had a go with Cal's at her last crop, so just had to add a Mr & Mrs Owl. I inked the edges of the owls and their eyelids and added some dabbing to the Mr's chest along with gold beaks. And, of course some jewels!


Then I bent them around my finger to give them a gentle curved shape, bent the feet back to make it look like they were sitting on the branch and attached with foam pads down the middle.


And the strange thing is, there's no ribbon on this card .... and I don't mind that!

SU Materials
Stamps: None!
Cardstock: Early Expresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Marina Mist DSP, Rose Red DSP Rose Red Textured, Wild Wasabi Textured
Punches: Owl, Two Step Bird
Other: Basic Pearls, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by ....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my days - I luuuuuuuuurve this card ! You have the patience of a saint to measure the flag !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.