Tuesday 21 June 2011

Slow please .... Peacock Crossing

Yes, it's true. The other morning, going home from my Mum's house after dropping her off early for her hols, this is who I encountered crossing the road.


And believe me, he took his time crossing.

I absolutely love the Baby Blossoms set from the new SU mini catalogue. In fact, when I use this set, I can get a little carried away and make these en masse.

A really good, timesaving tip is to buy this set in wood mount and make templates using Stazon ink and acetate so you can position the stamps really easily and quickly using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I wish I could tell you that this was my idea but it was Michelle's. Here's my set, made with acetate backing that came with acrylic stamps making it completely free, kostenlos, gratis, you know, the best sort of crafting!


It's also really good for setting out the elements to make sure that they all fit within the frame. It's definately worth taking the time to do the acetates! Thankfully, there's a matching punch for the Four Frames set so I don't have to cut them all out - yeayyy - I hate cutting out, and in no time I have a stash of toppers ready to go on cards or be made into gift tags.


Here are a couple of the finished tags in different colour ways, accented by the tiny Basic Pearls. The small sentiments are all from the Vintage Labels set, sadly no longer available.



Must go .... a little someone has come to say stop inking, it's time for a walk!

SU Materials:
Stamps: Baby Blossoms, Four Frames, Vintage Labels (retired)
Inks/Markers: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist Crumb Cake, Early Expresso
Ribbon: Rose Red Seam Binding, Marina Mist Taffeta
Other: Basic Pearls

Thanks for stopping by ....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, I would love for you to leave a comment x.